Liverpool 5G is a unique and innovative consortium of public sector health and social care suppliers, the NHS, university researchers, third sector organisations, agile local SMEs and a leading UK 5G technology vendor.
We want to:
- Introduce innovative, emerging technologies that impact positively on people’s health and wellbeing, help people to live independently at home for longer, and improve their quality of life
- Introduce innovative, emerging technologies that impact positively on health and social care services, helping to address capacity and financial shortfalls and giving greater efficiency and effectiveness
- Democratise technological health advancements, by making them affordable to all, regardless of income or postcode, reducing health inequalities
So far we have:
- Created the largest 5G mmWave mesh network in the UK and second largest in the world
- Trialled eight innovative technical products over the Liverpool 5G mmWave mesh network, providing 179 products to over 150 individuals
- Created a fully connected care home
- Demonstrated the technology’s potential to improve people’s health and wellbeing
- Demonstrated the technology’s potential to provide solutions for health and social care services that can reduce the cost of those services and create extra capacity.