The Liverpool 5G Consortium created, manages and runs the largest 5G mmwave mesh network in Europe.
We work with local health, social care and technology organisations to reduce digital poverty for vulnerable people in need, providing safe, free and accessible connectivity to technology and services.
Our work has:
- Improved quality of life for local people, reducing loneliness and improving health
- Reduced the need for health and social care services
- Reduced digital exclusion
- Shown potential cost savings to health and social care services of approx £2,477 per user per year
- Shown potential release of more than 300 carer hours per user per year
- Created the largest 5G mmWave network in UK and Europe and second largest in the world
- Helped 70% of the tech companies we work with increase their Technology Readiness Level
- Leveraged over £1.1m additional spending on R&D